Friday 4 May 2012

Friday Favourite - The Simpsons

I love love love The Simpsons I can watch them over and over again and never tire of them.
My friends and I often use Simpson quotes in our conversations and try to out do each other in the obscurity. I secretly respect people more when they pepper their conversations with Simpsons quotes or at the very least chuckle at my own.

I personally think that The Simpsons has defined a generation. This is a big call and I'm sure there will be those that disagree. Surely what is indisputable however is that they are one of the most recognisable and universally relateable in pop culture. 

Here are a few of my favourite quotes;
Homer: Oh, so they have Internet on computers now!
Ralph: Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
Milhouse: Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
Homer: with $10,000 we’d be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like…love!  
Homer: Save me, Jeebus.
Homer: You don’t win friends with salad.

For more fun quotes check out here

My Top 3 Episodes of all time are; 
Homer to the Max
When the new television show, "Police Cops" premiers with a savvy character holding Homer's full name, the real-life Homer enjoys mock-stardom en masse. But when the show is retooled to give the character a Gomer Pyle-like facade, Homer changes his name to Max Power to escape the laughing and taunts of fellow townspeople.
A memorable scene is Homer singing about his name..."the name who you'd love to touch, but you mustn't touuuuuch"...hilarious!
Episode quote: Homer: There's the right way the wrong way and the Max Power way
Bart: isn't that the wrong way?
Homer: Yeah but faster!

Lisa's Rival
It looks as if Lisa's days as the class brain are numbered when the new student proves to be smarter, younger, and plays the sax better than her. Meanwhile, Homer strikes white gold in the form of an over-turned Sugar truck.
A memorable scene is when Homer is in the backyard trying to guard his sugar pile and he makes a paranoid slightly mental speech. 
Marge: Homer, when are you going to give up this crazy sugar scheme? 
Homer: Never! Never, Marge. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odours -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called ‘City Fathers’ who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"
Also fun to quote are the bee guys. "no noise suggests no bees ...to the beemobil- is another of my favourites.

Homer Phobia
John [John Waters guest stars] a collectable store owner befriends the Simpson family when Marge tries to sell a family heirloom, but after discovering he is a homosexual Homer fears Bart will emulate him. So he attempts to make him a man in a series of hilarious events. 
Best Quote: Zap

Narrowing that down was harder than I thought it would be I might have to list a top 10 next time.
 
Fun Simpsons Quiz here.

No comments:

Post a Comment